STEVE'S Scent Detection
- Course materials on a USB stick
- Four practical training days
- No assessments
- Certificate of Attendance issued
- Participants train their own or a borrowed dog
- Participants nominate and provide target odour
STEVE'S SCENT DETECTION TRAINING COURSE
Steve has proven to be highly successful in the field of canine scent detection training. His services, for the training of individual dogs for a wide range of applications, are highly sought-after here in Australia and internationally. He has trained dogs and their handlers for a vast range of scent detection applications, including:
- BioSecurity – fruit, vegetables, plant material, meat, live animals, bees, honey
- Clove, birch and anise (Nose-work Competitions)
- Mobile phones
- Water pipe leak
- Effluent (in storm water pipes)
- Animal scat (poo) – koala, cheetah, fox, antechinus, ……..
- Invasive weeds
- Invasive ant species
- Feral species – rabbits, rats, fox, feral cat, cane toads
- Endangered species
- Etc, etc, etc
$1980 (including GST)
This course is open for enrolment – Email your completed enrolment form and your bank confirmation of payment of deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants and their dogs will be trained at their individual levels, whether they are beginners or highly experienced. Dogs can be of any breed or cross-breed. Because the dogs work individually, it is suitable for dog-reactive, aggressive and fearful dogs. It can also be suitable for elderly and mild to moderate physically incapacitated dogs, by selecting an indoor search environment, rather than rough, uneven outdoor environments.
Owner/trainer selects and provides target odour.
Enrolment in this course is suitable for:
- Pet Owners who wish to provide a stimulating training experience for their dogs and themselves. In addition to common scent detection odours, also consider scent detection of car keys or mobile phone. Alternatively, choose target odour of clove, birch or anise, in readiness for dog sport competition.
- Professional Dog Handlers/Trainers wanting to learn more about the training of scent detection and improve their dog’s performance and/or problem solve.
- Competition dogs and handlers wanting to learn more about the training of scent detection and improve their dog’s performance and/or problem solve.
Upcoming SDTC courses
SDTC 1 commences 1 December 2020 (course materials on a USB stick posted to participants)
Webinar: 5:00 pm on Sunday 21 February 2021.
Monday 1, Tuesday 2, Thursday 4 & Friday 5 March 2021
SDTC 2 commences 8 December 2020 (course materials on a USB stick posted to participants)
Webinar: 5:00 pm on Sunday 28 February 2021.
Sundays 7, 14, 21 & 28 March 2021