Assessing & handling
The workshop targets individuals who need to interact with dogs during the execution of their work duties, including: postal workers, meter readers, veterinary staff, kennel hands, rangers, police officers, ambulance officers, dog trainers and handlers.
Dangerous Dog Demo
Watch the Dangerous Dog demonstration with Steve and Raffa the Belgian Mallinois as Raffa takes Steve down in the bite suit.
DANGEROUS DOG ASSESSING AND HANDLING WORKSHOP
- Do you know what to do when faced with a snarling and growling dog?
- How can you tell if the dog is ready to attack?
- How do you avoid being attacked?
- Do you know the signs that a dog is about to attack?
- What do you do if a dog has attacked you?
- How can you protect your dog from being attacked by another dog?
- One day (six hours) plus breaks presentation
- For anyone interacting with dogs for work or hobby
- Work Place Health and Safety training and PPE (personal protection equipment) included
- Experience a live dog bite (protective sleeve)
- Certificates of Attendance issued
This six hour workshop provides participants with instruction and hands on learning to identify the language of canine aggression and the appropriate responses to avoid or minimise injuries. Participants will experience the use of personal protection equipment and be offered an opportunity to experience a dog bite from a trained dog on a protective sleeve.DOWNLOAD THE FLYER
Upcoming Dangerous Dog Workshops
Date: Sunday 2 April 2023
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Calabash Kennels and Cattery, 27 Calabash Rd, Arcadia (Sydney)
Cost: $220 includes tea/coffee & light lunch
Certificates of attendance will be issued
BITE WORK DEMO WITH BRIAN
Demonstration with Steve and Brian the Briard
The next presentation for TAFE NSW
Date: Saturday 19 November 2022
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: TAFE NSW, Ultimo Campus, Harris St, Ultimo
Cost: $320 (no refreshments included)
Certificates of Attendance will be issued.
Are you and your team protected?
Eliminate and reduce risks of injuries by dogs.
The Dangerous Dog workshop can be conducted at your premises at a time convenient to you. Get a group together or talk with your manager to arrange work colleagues to individualise a course for your specific needs. These courses are in high demand and it is recommended to book well in advance. Steve conducts this course throughout Australia.
The investment is $1950 plus GST ($2145)
Travelling costs are applicable outside of Sydney.