Help for Anxious Dogs with Vicki Austin
Anxiety cannot always be completely resolved - in people or dogs. But there is much we can do to reduce and manage anxiety levels in our dogs to relieve their suffering and improve their quality of life.COURSE OPTIONS
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal component of our dogs’ emotional repertoire. In fact, fear and anxiety are important for avoiding potentially life-threatening situations and events. But when anxiety becomes maladaptive, the dog’s quality of life is impacted. Given the emotional bond that people develop with their pet dogs and professional working dogs, it comes as no surprise that our own emotional wellbeing can be effected when our dogs are suffering.
What You Will Learn
- Possible causes of anxiety
- How to identify the triggers of anxiety
- Treatment strategies for your dog
- Science-based applications
- Activities to relieve anxiety
- “When to hold and when to fold”
- When it’s time to retreat
- Developing your dog’s resilience
- Treating separation anxiety
- Managing storm phobia
In Person Workshop
Help for Anxious Dogs
- NEXT WORKSHOP:
9:30 - 4:30 Sunday 26 March 2023
- Price includes GST & Certificate of attendance
- At Calabash Boarding Kennels and Cattery, 27 Calabash Road, Arcadia (in Sydney)
- Suitable for Pet owners & professionals
- Understand & treat anxiety in dogs
- Tea, coffee and a light lunch included in price.